Functions of Planning Department:
- Formulation, scrutiny and adjustment of State 5-Year Plan, publicity and collection of plan statistics.
- Co-ordination with Five-year Plan and Annual plan.
- Assessment and allocation of resources for the Plan and evaluation of general progress of Plan Projects.
- Regional Development and District Plans.
- Manpower, Planning and Survey.
- Identification of backward areas and industrially backward areas and plan formulation for their development.
- Programme for Study and Survey by the Institute of Public Administration.
- Pilot Research Projects in Growth Centres.
- National Development Council, Directorate of Statistics and Evaluation, State Planning Board, Kosi Vikas Pradhikar, Committee on Plan Projects, Empowered Committee and Externally Aided Projects.